All of us humans live on food – And the world’s interest on food has risen dramatically over the years of human dominance. Rising Apprentice Chefs has shown their capability to craft the culinary industry to their creativity for the general public for years now, and as time pass, things just got better. Culinary training gets better every now and then; with Professional Chef Peterborough NH 03458 colleges and universities offering training for Chefs, there is no doubt this industry will continue expanding and reach greater heights in the near future.
Food Central has seen many rising and upcoming Chefs (those who do and do not work in our kitchen) who possess so much interest and a wondrous amount of influence in the Culinary line. As much as we’d love Peterborough NH 03458 to train everyone and in the future, provide Online Chef Training for not only Chefs/Cooks but also for the service-oriented staff and managerial levels, Food Central would like to present these posts as a guide to them first, before apprehending their time and take more effort into looking at each and every one personally.
Back to the topic, Culinary training. Our topic for Professional Chef Peterborough NH 03458 today is:
Culinary Training for Chefs
At Food Central, we always press on this – Be creative! Use your wildest imagination to create something so robust that it will blow people’s mind away. Or come up with a solution where you can benefit a few people, at least not you alone or the public alone. But Food Fundamentals are still very important. Here are Peterborough NH 03458 some tips for Head Chefs or those who’re in the managerial position.
- Knife Basics Knife isn’t necessarily the most important thing in the kitchen, but it’s fairly important. Make sure your apprentice chef knows his/her knife skills well. For example: Fillet a fish (with a fillet knife) well, when to use a knife on vegetables and when not to, how to Peterborough NH 03458 sharpen a knife, different types of knives for different uses, using a saw to separate/cut through thick bones, how to store the knife, etc. If you break these general topics down, you’ll be hunted with tons of more knife basic skills.
- Kitchen Hygiene & Safety Practice and HACCP
Kitchen hygiene (and personal hygiene) is one of the most important things to Peterborough NH 03458 remember, follow and abide by in the kitchen. Failure of this implementation can lead to unnecessary loss and damage to the restaurant’s reputation, food quality and so forth. Keep in mind that under this topic would also include, but not limited to: Storage, Preparation, Cooking, Garnishing, Serving, Mise en Place (Pre-preparation), Kitchen Hygiene, Utensils and Equipments, Gas & Oil Managing, etc.
- Peterborough NH 03458 Food Preparation Basics Food preparation basics include, but not limited to: Food handling, cutting & slicing, portioning & tearing, seasoning & tasting, pre-cook & pre-garnish, using the slicer machine and automated meat portioning machine, using salad dryer, vegetables and meat handling & storage, etc. Preliminary basic skills should be applied before teaching robust techniques like flipping the pan or making roulette Eggs Peterborough NH 03458 with Cheese without using your hand, thong or spatula.
- Communication & Stress Handling Communication here as in communicating with your colleagues, how to handle customer’s special requisition (like Vegetarian Carbonara), how to talk to customers, etc. Stress here meaning when times are hard – How to handle food nonchalantly when a restaurant is busy, how to obey the Kitchen Barker although Peterborough NH 03458 he/she is wrong, what to do when a particular food item has depleted, etc.
- Kitchen Management Kitchen management is extremely crucial especially when it comes to apprentice chefs – Due to the fact that there are much misunderstanding – And we want to combat that, plus, give value in terms of kitchen knowledge. Teach your apprentice chefs how to take orders, Peterborough NH 03458 how to calculate daily food costs, how to receive invoices (and raw food materials), how to handle suppliers, understand payment terms, manage the kitchen like a boss (diplomatic, please), etc. When you give better insight to your Chefs regarding this, (with continuous kitchen management training), they will obey, understand and work better for you.
These five topics cover a lot of Peterborough NH 03458 topics for you to teach your Chefs (and if you see then 6 times a week, you can finish these in 6 months, depending on your training intensity and knowledge). Food Central presses this as much as pressing topics to also understand:
- How the Service Area work and what are their job scopes.
- What stress does the F&B/Restaurant Manager handles.
Peterborough NH 03458
- The Organisational Chart of the restaurant.
- Advanced kitchen understanding (Floor Movements, Equipment placement, In-Out areas, Backdoor for supplier’s entrance, flow of preparing food, spacing, etc).
- How to start a restaurant and manage it well.
- Internal Marketing – Taking care of the internal restaurant community.
- Food history and classic food implementation to our current century/decade.
- Food science. (How Peterborough NH 03458 acid cooks without heat, why anchovies/caviar than salt, food alternatives)
- Accounting and Finance in the kitchen and for the restaurant.
- Pricing of food, calculating restaurant turnovers and ongoing viability of the restaurant’s menu.
Understanding these topics yourself will give you a better insight of what a restaurant need – Knowledgable, creative and exceptional leaders. Building leaders aren’t limited to only Peterborough NH 03458 Corporate industries (office work). In your kitchen, when you build leaders, you build Chefs. Real, Culinary/Business trained Chefs.